“Everyone needs a coach, whether it’s a top-level executive, a graduate student, a homemaker, a homeless person or the President of the United States.” — Tony Robbins
I enable the genius in others.
As one of my early mentees put it, my best super skill is “I can help anyone do anything better”. She said it’s an extremely rare gift and I need to use it more in this lifetime.
I’ve coached hundreds of thousands of individuals, teams, and leaders virtually and live, both inside and outside of Microsoft, to help them explore and expand what they are capable of while mastering their productivity. (I wrote the book on Getting Results… literally 🙂
Let’s Change the World
I’ve been a CEO Whisperer to amazing business leaders, the “Head Coach” for Microsoft’s Satya Nadella’s innovation team, and I’ve been asked to help “transform a nation” through innovation.
One of my favorite things to do is to change the world, and I believe that to change the world, one of my best ways to do so is to influence the CEOs that are creating the future.
I scale myself through writing articles, books, and courses (and sometimes special reports).
I believe that everybody deserves a chance at a better life, and that life is better with skill.
Stories, Strategies, and Skills
To be clear, I would say that our personal power and quality of life really come down to our stories, our strategies, and our skills.
I find that stories, strategies, and skills are a simple way to empower people:
- Stories – The stories we tell ourselves and others.
- Strategies – Our internal strategies for running ourselves and the strategies we use to make external changes in our world.
- Skills – Life’s better with skill. A lot of my work comes down to helping people get “skilled for life”.
Focus on Your Super Skill
Let’s start with a compelling WHY to put everything in perspective.
One of your greatest challenges and opportunities in this life is to master the following big idea:
“Give your best, where you have your best to give, in the service of others.”
That’s a lot to unpack. But it’s also a very clarifying goal to guide you as you expand and explore what you are capable of while creating deep meaning in your life.
Find Your Arete, Your Ikigai, and Your Duende
I think life is better with skill and it gets even better by integrating a few cornerstone concepts to bring out your best and to find your inner zest:
- Arete – As one of my wise mentors put it, “Think of Arete like a garden in full bloom on a warm Summer’s Day.” This is you operating at a higher level while living and learning your excellence.
- Ikigai – Your Ikigai is “the reason you get out of bed in the morning.” It’s not just any purpose. It’s your purpose with a passion. It’s your fire inside. Never let your light go out.
- Duende – There are a lot of interpretations of this, but my favorite is a mentor who said to think of Duende as to “lose yourself” in the dance, where you give yourself fully to your art.
What Life is Really About
If you ever get lost and lose sight of what’s important, here’s a quote by Neale Donald Walsch to ring it all back home:
“Your life is about everyone whose life you touch, and it is about the way in which you touch them.”
And Clayton Christensen has a beautiful story about his search and conclusion about how to measure a life:
“Measure your life by the people whose lives you touch.”
That’s a pretty powerful message, simple and clear (and it sure rings, true).
With all this, I simply remind myself to live more, learn more, laugh more, and love more.
What I Offer…
Yes, I coach, but I prefer to scale myself through products and services. That said, here’s what I offer…
Make me an offer I can’t refuse. I’ve had amazing mentors, and I’ve mentored many people at all levels through their greatest growth.
There is something very special about how when the student is ready, the master appears.
One-Hour Strategy Sessions
$10,000 for an hour of intense insights and actions to change your game in business or in life. They aren’t for everybody (but my websites and books are).
Here are some examples of the nature of what we can explore….
- CEO Whisperer – I’ve given leader’s million, multi-million-, and billion-dollar ideas.
- Strategy Session – You need to navigate the future and figure out a way forward. I have more than 100 frameworks in my toolbox.
- Breakthrough Session – You’re stuck.
- Transformation Session – You or your business needs to transform. You or your business needs to become something more. This is a Phoenix-Style transformation.
- Your Future Business – You’d be amazed at how quickly with the right mindset, skillset, and toolset, you can be your Future Business now.
Why $10K for an hour? There’s a fairly famous story where a mechanic charged $10,000 to turn a screw. The mechanic broke the bill down for the business owner to explain the price: Turning screw $1. Knowing which screw to turn $9,999. Total: $10,000.
I’m pretty good at figuring out which screw to turn, and how to create extreme value, and find breakthrough ideas, and help individuals and businesses find their Next.
I’m open to special projects. I’ve been asked to do some very special things. I was even invited to be the innovation coach for a TV show targeting 400 million viewers.
I do that, too. It’s what makes the world go round.
You can grow a long way through self-study. Here are my resources to help you…
My Web Sites/ Projects
I continue to build living libraries of profound knowledge for innovation, entrepreneurship and high performance.
- JD Meier.com – (you are here) – this is where I focus on innovation, entrepreneurship, and startups. I believe every individual can apply creativity to
- Sources of Insight.com – All things personal growth, realizing your potential, and becoming the greatest version of yourself. I have 1,500+ articles and growing across mind, body, emotions, career, finance, relationships, and fun.
- Getting Results.com – My productivity system for work and life. I encourage you to first try every productivity system, tool, and approach you can get your hands on. Then please stop by here and try my approach, so you can feel the difference.
Here are some great places to find some insight and action to help you with work and life:
- Book Summaries – I read a lot of books. I share executive summaries, actionable insights, and key takeaways to give you a jumpstart into the best books I’ve read.
- Book Recommendations – I keep lists of my favorite books by topics, to remind myself of some of the books I’ve read, and because people often ask me for my book recommendations.
- Great Lessons from People – This is my “Greatness Distilled” series, where I distill the best lessons from people. I am always looking to find interesting and insightful people that amaze me or teach me something new.
- Great Quotes – Did you ever hear just the right words, at just the right time, and it changes everything? I believe that we learn a lot from the right quotes. This is my way of sharing wisdom of the ages and modern sages and putting it at your fingertips.
My Best-Selling Book
I wrote the book on getting results. It’s called Getting Results the Agile Way (Amazon):
Inside Getting Results the Agile Way, you will find Agile Results, my productivity approach for work and life.
You can think of it as applying “Agile for Life”, as well as a book to help you realize your potential.
My Ultimate Guide to Mastering Your Productivity, Mindfulness, and Well-Being
I have a simple way to help you achieve exponential results and to operate at a hire level. It’s an online guide:
If you are serious about taking your abilities to the next level, this guide will get you there.
I wanted to create a continuous personal growth framework to help you master your productivity in work and life.
The key difference in my system is that it’s a full focus on using your best energy for your best results while playing to your strengths and spending more time in your values.
That’s why it works for artists, athletes, dreamers, leaders, achievers, and anybody who wants more from work and life.
7 Days to Better Results
I understand how sometimes, we just need a little something smaller to start with. Well, here it is:
I know it sounds simple, but if you can master my Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection pattern, you will have a strong backbone for better results for work and life.
30 Days to Better Results
This is your chance to really rise and shine.
A fantastic way to get started is by taking a little action each day, over 30 days. Here is my 30 Days to Better Results:
I know 30 Days can sound like a lot. I really hope you invest in yourself because I poured my heart and my best knowledge to give you the best advantage in this life with those 30 days.
As Peter Drucker might put it, a 30-Day product is not the same as a 7-day product.
The surprise of this 30-Day course is that I use my 30-Day Sprint approach to build it.
So, every day, I wrote what I could within a 20-minute timebox to share with you my greatest insights and actions on super productivity.
- JD is the go-to-guy for getting results, and Agile Results demonstrates his distinct purpose – he shows how anyone can do anything, better. This book has simple, effective, powerful tools and ideas that are easy enough for everyone to apply in their work and lives, so that they get the results they’d like, even the impossible and the unexpected.” — Janine de Nysschen, Changemaker and Purpose Strategist, Whytelligence
- “JD’s ability to understand and cut to the real issues and then apply techniques that have proven to be successful in other situations is legendary at Microsoft. Over the years I have learnt that he will not recommend something or someone unless he believe it the entire value chain, making the advice you get even more potent. It’s a little like a whirlwind and you have to be prepared for a ride but if you want results and you want them fast, you talk to JD. “ — Mark Curphey
- “Working in disaster response and developing countries usually puts me in complex and even vexing situations. It is easy to fall into a rut of doing tasks with no priority or losing track of the big picture, and in our small team time is precious. Agile Results fits my work well – it reinforces natural practices that put outcomes and adaptation at the center of the day.” — Eduardo Jezierski
- “It was huge privilege for me working together with J.D. as he is industry recognized leader for professional guidance in areas such as software security, performance, and architecture. In short J.D.’s professional materials helped me become a very successful professional consultant. JD helped me reduce stress at home and work, I spend more time with my family, I never work more than 45 hours a week, I hit my numbers, I got a promotion, I made new friends, I focus on stuff that matters, I started living a more fulfilling life with true meaning. In short, I was exposed to The Business of Life. And I am grateful for that to J.D.“— Alik Levin
- “Agile Results delivers know-what, know-why and know-how for anyone who understands the value of momentum in making your moments count. In our rapidly changing world, JD Meier offers a comprehensive clarity to sort through the often-confusing cloud of complexity and find the real opportunity in our lives.” — Dr. Rick Kirschner, bestselling author, speaker, trainer, coach, The Art of Change LLC
Share Your Stories of Transformation with Me
I hope you share your amazing stories of personal growth and transformation with me.