What is the success pattern for leading a successful v-team?
I asked one of my mentors, a seasoned softie for his take on what are the keys to a successful v-team.
Here is what he had to say:
- you’re building a coalition — not just a vteam
- make sure everyone is committed … not just involved (see Turning Chickens into Pigs)
- get commitments and support from their leadership
- do an “exec” vision scope and milestone reviews
- give the team members the credit
- show up as a leader who is worth following – defend them, work for them, help them succeed — you are working with people that you may want to follow you one day
You Might Also Like
7 Habits of Highly Effective Program Managers
10 Success Patterns for Program Managers
How To Lead High-Performance Teams the Agile Way
Program Manager Abilities at a Glance
Project Life Cycle at patterns & practices
Roles on Agile Teams